Update: wow! Thanks to the 38 people who showed up on five days’ notice! I really didn’t expect that many folks to show. Here is a link to my notes (I’ve added a little more based on our discussion).
There’s nothing wrong with that, and you’re hardly alone.
PS:One has seen explosive growth in the past year or so, and it’s becoming increasingly obvious that we need a formal way of teaching new folk how to be a healthy, happy member of PS:One.
Meet with PS:One old-timers (including at least one former president) to learn the many opportunities available to PS:One members, plus hacks for getting around easier.
- the one and only rule you need to remember at PS:One!
- what mailing lists and IRC channels you should join
- how to get discounts on classes, tee-shirts, stuff around town, and even monthly dues!
- how to get certified on equipment
- how to bring new equipment into PS:One
- how to create a class, event, group, meeting, or what have you
- how to request a class, event, group, whatever
- how to blog
- the wiki: WTF is that about?
- do-ocracy and how to do-ocratize things
- Who: anyone who wants to learn how PS:One works
- When: Wednesday July 25th, 7:30 pm
- Where: PS:One 1st floor lounge
- Cost: free