As you may already know, Pumping Station: One is moving three blocks to a new location at 3519 N. Elston! The doors open to members starting June 1st.
That means we have just one weekend left to pack everything up and get it moved! Thankfully, much of it has already been packed and put in the classroom until it’s ready to go. However, there is still a LOT left as well as stuff like the loft to break down!
This Saturday and Sunday (May 26 & 27) we need EVERYONE possible to come out and help get this job done. We have ~135 members now (YAY!). If even a fraction of us can make the time to show up, we’ll get this job done in no time. Work will start at 10am both days and will continue all day and into the night. If we can get keys from the new landlord ahead of our June 1st lease start, we will proceed to also move the equipment over and begin the process of setting up temporary areas (workshop, electronics lab, etc.)
We have more than enough work gloves to go around and the space will be providing food and beverages for all the workers. All you need to provide is yourself ready and willing to get some work done. However, if you happen to have any of the following supplies you can make available, it would be greatly appreciated:
- Hand carts
- Moving boxes
- Moving blankets
- Pallets (requires a pallet jack of some kind)
- Pallet jack (or equivalent)
- Packing tape, Markers, Blank labels (we already have these, so don’t spend money on more, but if you have extra just lying around please bring them along)
- Vehicles for transporting boxes (if we have the keys. I’ll let everyone know what the situation is before the days)
- Large equipment dollies
- Family or friends willing to help out
- Anything else you think might be useful
Thank you everyone and I hope to see you all there,
image: flickr user ASurroca