Maintain 6 feet of separation
- Protect your “air bubble” by maintaining 6 feet of separation from other people in the space at all times.
- Each Area inside PS1 has a posted occupancy limit in order to allow people to remain 6 feet apart while working. Respect all posted occupancy limits.
- Do not work in an Area if doing so would exceed the occupancy limit.
Reserve your time using SignupGenius.com
- To make social distancing easier, and to allow members to plan their time at PS1, everyone is required to use the signup system at SignupGenius.com for the duration of Phase 3.
- Here is how to use the signup system:
- Create an account at SignupGenius.com using the same email that you use for the PS1 member portal.
- Go to the PS1 signups page and select the tab for the Area(s) where you plan to work
- Reserve days and times when you plan to come to PS1.
- If SignupGenius shows that an Area is full at a particular time, select a different day or time slot.
- If your plans change, please be courteous and delete your signup as soon as you know.
- The signup system is a new, experimental approach to provide members with maximum information about the occupancy of PS1 Areas. We ask for your feedback, and we will tweak the system together as we learn what works and what doesn’t.
- If people routinely ignore the signups and the Areas become dangerously crowded, the Board will deactivate fob access to the building and implement more restrictive measures for occupancy control.
- Please help us maintain a relaxed policy by cooperating with the signup system!
Limited guests, meetings, events, parties
- Members are only allowed to bring one guest per member and they must be actively working on a project with the member.
- Guest must sign up on SignupGenius.
- Absolutely no congregating, events, parties, or other meetings inside PS1.
- Authorizations will be reserved in SignupGenius in order to keep Area occupancy within safe limits.
Wear a face mask at all times while inside PS1
- Respirators, cloth masks, or paper masks are all acceptable.
- If your respirator has a one-way valve, you must cover the respirator with an additional cloth or paper mask to prevent droplets from escaping.
- A limited number of paper masks may be available in the space for your use if you forget to bring a mask. The availability of paper masks will depend on how quickly they get used up.
Wash your hands
- Wash your hands upon entering the space.
- Wash your hands frequently while working in the space.
- Wash thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, then rinse and dry.
Clean and disinfect everything as you go
- You are responsible for disinfecting surfaces you have touched or will be touching. (Who is responsible? You are responsible!)
- Spray bottles of 70% alcohol are located everywhere throughout PS1. Use them liberally!
- Do not spray directly on exposed electronics. For keyboards, spray a paper towel with alcohol, then wipe the surface of the keys with the wet towel.
- First CLEAN:
- Wipe off dust or grime with a paper towel.
- Use soap, water or other cleaners as necessary. This removes particles where the virus can hide.
- Then DISINFECT:
- Spray with alcohol.
- Do NOT wipe off the alcohol.
- Wait 5 minutes. This completely kills the virus.
- What should be cleaned and disinfected? Everything you have touched or will be touching, including but not limited to: work surfaces, door knobs, bathroom fixtures, hand tools, sharpie pens, computer keyboards, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, face shields, welding helmets, etc.
- We strongly recommend that you bring your own hand tools and PPE whenever possible.
Cough or sneeze into your elbow
- If you must cough or sneeze, point your face into your elbow.
- If you have repeated bouts of coughing, please leave the building.
Keep lights and fans ON
- Leave these on so that fewer people have to touch the switches.
Do not come inside PS1…
- If you feel sick.
- If you have been exposed to someone who is sick.
- If you have recently traveled by airplane.
If you tell the PS1 Board that you are self-quarantining, your dues will be prorated for the duration of your quarantine.
- For everyone’s health and safety, the Board asks members to report if you receive a positive covid-19 test.
- Also let the Board know if you need to self-quarantine due to possible covid exposure, even if you have not been tested for covid.
- Please call Tanja to report your self-quarantine:630-842-5062. Do not email or text your medical information – be sure to talk to Tanja directly.
- Upon receiving a report, the Board will move your next payment due date 14 days ahead, so that your dues will be not be charged while you self-quarantine. Your fob will be deactivated during this 14 day period.
- Your name or other identifying information will not be shared with anyone. No written or electronic records will be kept of covid-19 test results.
- The Board may use self-quarantine reports to alert others about possible virus exposure while maintaining strict confidentiality.
We expect every member to abide by the above requirements, but we realize that in a community as large as ours, there may be concerns about non-compliance. If you notice people walking around without face masks or not following other rules, please ask them politely and directly to correct that behavior. If asking does not work, please find another member to corroborate the situation if possible, and report the incident to the Dispute Resolution Committee: bit.ly/PS1DRC.
How to Use SignupGenius.com
First sign up for SignupGenius (pun intended 😉
- Create an account at SignupGenius.com using the same email that you use for the PS1 member portal. Create a signupgenius account
- Go to one of the links below and select the tab for the Area(s) where you plan to work. The main page is here: https://signupgenius.com/tabs/93d71d90fa5c3e8ce8-ps1signups
- Click in the boxes next to the time slots when you plan to come to PS1. Then click “Submit and Sign Up” — that’s all there is to it!
Some useful features of SignupGenius
- calendar view
- integration with other calendar systems
- ability to swap time slots with other members
- ability to delete a signup if you change your mind
Links to SignupGenius pages
- Main Page with all the Area tabs: https://www.signupgenius.com/tabs/93d71d90fa5c3e8ce8-ps1signups
- Arts: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040A4BA5AC23A6F58-testing2
- Cold Metals: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040A4BA5AC23A6F58-cold
- Electronics: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040A4BA5AC23A6F58-electronics
- General: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040A4BA5AC23A6F58-general
- Hot Metals: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040A4BA5AC23A6F58-testing
- Lasers & 3D Printing: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040A4BA5AC23A6F58-lasers
- Shopbot: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040A4BA5AC23A6F58-shopbot
- Small Metals: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040A4BA5AC23A6F58-small
- Wood Lathe: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040A4BA5AC23A6F58-wood
- Woodshop: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040A4BA5AC23A6F58-woodshop