Update: wow! Thanks to the 38 people who showed up on five days’ notice! I really didn’t expect that many folks to show. Here is a link to my notes (I’ve added a little more based on our discussion).
There’s nothing wrong with that, and you’re hardly alone.
PS1 has seen explosive growth in the past year or so, and it’s becoming increasingly obvious that we need a formal way of teaching new folk how to be a healthy, happy member of PS1.
Meet with PS1 old-timers (including at least one former president) to learn the many opportunities available to PS1 members, plus hacks for getting around easier.
- the one and only rule you need to remember at PS1!
- what mailing lists and IRC channels you should join
- how to get discounts on classes, tee-shirts, stuff around town, and even monthly dues!
- how to get certified on equipment
- how to bring new equipment into PS1
- how to create a class, event, group, meeting, or what have you
- how to request a class, event, group, whatever
- how to blog
- the wiki: WTF is that about?
- do-ocracy and how to do-ocratize things
- Who: anyone who wants to learn how PS1 works
- When: Wednesday July 25th, 7:30 pm
- Where: PS1 1st floor lounge
- Cost: free