Lots of stuff going on with PowerWheels again this year. This time with a bit more press. Features on Make Blog and Time Out Chicago are out and about and let’s hope that keeps coming! It’s really exciting right now about all that is going on at PS:One. It’s pretty nifty and I have to say there’s a lot of people I’m thankful for that have helped make this happen. Before I rant on further about Powerwheels I’d like to spend time thanking them first. Here’s the short list:
- Shawn for making the powerwheel work before Notacon
- Hank for making that solid drive train
- Ryan for wiring, website work and being our Official Field-Trip Party Wagon
- Jordan for PR, emailing and working on the PW late into the night
- Nicky for proofreading almost anything I throw at her
- Jessica for buying the PW and working on that fancy packet
- Josh for welding things to other things
- Eric for pimping PPPRS to whomever is willing to hear about it
- Jeff for making sure we don’t stick our fingers in electrical sockets
- Sacha for ensuring we don’t Failboat so hard PS:one spins out of orbit
- Everyone at i3 for working with us and Maker Faire
- everyone else that have donated time and money that I couldn’t remember off the top of my head
Let’s put this simple: This might be an event that I started, but this is event that everyone at the space is responsible for. You guys make this happen. Without your neighborly hacker help, this would never ever get off the ground. So I will continue thanking each and every one of you who have done your part. There’s just over three months to go before Maker Faire Detroit and if we keep this momentum, it’ll be great. Just wanted everyone to know that I’m proud of this space and all of its members.
Also, check out the PowerWheel trailer I finished last night to promote the event. I was sick when I did it so this is the result of Nyquil and Ibuprofen.
See you in Detroit!
-Your Friendly Neighborhood Sanctioning Body